The Talon Tribune

The Student News Site of Silver Creek High School

The Talon Tribune

The Talon Tribune

“Fruitcake” Review: Sabrina Carpenter Drops the Best Tracks for the Christmas Holiday

Photo Courtesy of Munich Hemaluckpairoj
Sabrina Carpenter released her holiday EP, Fruitcake, on November 17, 2023.

It is no secret that a holly jolly season is coming up soon! When it comes to celebrating Christmas, the most wonderful time of the year, some of us prefer to watch Christmas movies, or some enjoy coming up with a Christmas playlist. Music has become more festive these days, especially on Christmas.

If you’re looking for a melody to lighten up your Christmas playlist, Sabrina Carpenter recently released one of the most amazing holiday Extended Plays (EP), Fruitcake, on November 17. This album is filled with romantic love along with many other emotions.

Sabrina Carpenter is a pop star who creates lots of masterpieces. Her versatility in singing contributes to her rise in the music industry. She gained recognition from her appearances in the Disney Channel Series, Girl Meets World, and Adventures in Babysitting. She also has an incredible ability to turn anything good or bad into a song.

In 2022, Carpenter dropped one of her most popular songs, “Nonsense”, that went viral over social media platforms like Tiktok. In 2023, she released a pop masterpiece perfect for the winter season, “A Nonsense Christmas” from “Fruitcake” which is a holiday remix version of “Nonsense”.

Carpenter stated that the original version of “Nonsense” was the most fun to write. She was writing this song as she realized that there are several different feelings when it comes to a new relationship. She exposes the emotions of nervousness, excitement, and all the nonsense that comes in between. In light of this, the message of “A Nonsense Christmas” is no different from the original version. It is a song that shows attraction towards someone.

Throughout the album, Carpenter expresses plenty of moods. Some songs are about moving on and not wasting time on someone who never cares about you, such as in “Buy Me Presents”. However, the following track, “Santa Doesn’t Know You Like I Do” is the deep emotional reflection of “Buy Me Presents”. This song emphasizes the belief that the narrator can bring comfort and happiness to the person like Santa does. It describes a personal connection between two people who want to fulfill each other with joy and love. The song also represents the intimacy and bonding they share with each other.

It is no surprise that “Fruitcake” is quickly becoming a new fan favorite. This amazing EP would be perfect to play while you decorate your house, bake cookies with family, or for when you ask your holiday crush out. This EP brings heat to the atmosphere. People can genuinely say that “Fruitcake” is the album they can play on repeat during Christmas time!