The Talon Tribune

The Student News Site of Silver Creek High School

The Talon Tribune

The Talon Tribune

Lynn Ingegneri: Part Time Teacher, Full Time Human

Photo courtesy of Lilly Wetzel
Lynn Ingegneri teaching her A3 biology class.

Lynn Ingegneri joined the Silver Creek community last spring as a long-term substitute for Ashlee Runyon and became a part time teacher, full time human. After trying different fields of science,she became a teacher, still figuring out what she wants to do.

Ingegneri went to Colorado State University as a microbiology major but part way into her education, she changed majors.

“I maybe didn’t have the right fit in college.” Ingegneri said. “I got overwhelmed quickly; I was in a class with around 400 students… so I left microbiology, and I was undecided for a while.”

Eventually, Ingegneri found her place with plant biology.

“I thought about working with plants and that led me to plant science and I found a great group of people at CSU…” Said Ingegneri. “We really clicked and I felt like I found my people.”

She stayed at CSU to continue studying science in a field more suitable for her, eventually making a career out of the research of wheat and pest management.

Now, after seven years of working in the plant research field, Ingegneri finds herself at Silver Creek High School, teaching the biology and astronomy/geology classes.

“A little bit of good luck and opportunity [led me to work at Silver Creek]” said Ingegneri. “It was a bit of luck that Ms. Runyon was out for an extended absence, and I became her long term sub.”

After substituting for Runyon, Ingegneri was offered a teaching position in the science department, which she expected.

In her free time, Ingegneri likes working in her yard, watching TV, cooking, and eating different foods. Ingegneri has two dogs and a white frog to spend time with outside of work as well.

Ingegneri is excited to start her teaching career at Silver Creek and she likes the environment so far. She feels that working as a teacher at Silver Creek is a great way to be part of her community. Having lived in Longmont for 20 years, it’s a new way to get to know the people around her. Now she is able to figure out the rest of her path while doing something she loves.

View Comments (1)